This blog is written for the cases of bulk image uploading. There are two ways to upload bulk images.
Using Excel CSV Import:
Below are the Cases or a process for checking of Bulk image upload using import.
- There should be a content type & field in which all the images are uploaded in a folder.
- Add all types of the images with the name like, 1_1.jpg,1_1.1.png series wise.
- Add the files in different ways for testing purpose like:
- Add the image files of different extensions (e.g. JPEG, PNG, BMP etc.)
- Add the images having space or any other allowed special character in filename or duplicate name.
- Add different file types than images i.e txt, doc, pdf, exe etc then proper error message should be displayed or not.
- After uploading images in folder go to the Excel sheet & now you can check different cases of Bulk image uploading process which are:
- In Excel Sheet there should be a field called “Image” which associated with that Image upload content type.
- First Check the Positive case by adding the correct value in image column as shown in below image.
- Add value like 1,2,3 as uploaded in image upload content type, Now import that excel or CSV file & check for that created content.
- Go & Edit that content, it will display all the images whose name starts with 1_ as uploaded format.
- Check the case that all the imported images that having different file formats like .jpg,.png etc.. are successfully imported or not in that content.
- Now, Check for Blank image value in excel or CSV file & then import that file. It won’t show any error related to blank value or should not break import process.
- Go & Edit that imported content, it will display None of the image or a single reflection of the blank image upload.
- Check by adding wrong value in image column which doesn’t exist in content type image folder, in this case, it didn’t upload any image in that imported content.
- Also, check the image upload with single image & more than that. Due to check for the limit of image upload for single content as per Web Development Service.
Upload multiple images at the time of content creation.
Below are the Cases for checking of Bulk image upload while creating content. Upload the files in different ways for a testing purpose like:
- Upload images with different extensions (e.g. JPEG, PNG, BMP etc.)
- Upload images with name having space or any other allowed special character in filename or duplicate name
- Upload images of specified height and width (if defined) are accepted otherwise rejected
- Upload images with greater size than the maximum allowed size & different file types than images i.e txt, doc, pdf, exe etc. A Proper error message should be displayed
- Upload images to smart devices
- Do cancel in between upload process of images
- Image quality should not be changed after uploading image
Hope this blog helps you to make you more clear about the process of bulk image uploading & ways with cases. Feel free to share your queries OR any feedback for the same.