After NYC Camp 2015, AddWeb Solution reaches for Drupal GovCon held at census-designated place in southern Montgomery County – Bethesda for a back to back power packed trip.
The event was at NIH Campus, Bethesda, Maryland which is pretty close to the US Capitol the Washington DC. AddWeb was volunteer as well as the participant of the camp. It was an overwhelming experience!
Highlight of camp was Featured Speaker - Angie Byron, Director, Community Development at Acquia. She assists Drupal project Founder Dries Buytaert.
It was honor to hear Angie Byron who was sharing the mission to grow Drupal and Improvements in Drupal 8. For more details visit here.
Abundant programs held at Drupal GovCon with some amazing figures.
- 3 days of Camp.
- 85+ power packed Sessions.
- 6+ powerful Sprints.
- 800+ Attendees.
- Future Announcements: Drupal 8 critical issues: number reducing. Hopefully, it would be launched by September end at DrupalCon Barcelona, Spain.
Programs held were Code Sprint, Full day training, Mentoring, Scavenger Event, Social Event. Scavenger Hunt was fun Game where the winner had a chance to win MacBook Pro! Social Events was the way towards quick walk & talk with drinks and appetizers.
Great places to visit there:
1. The White House: The most well-known of all DC landmarks, The White House is the official residence and principal workplace of the President of United States.
2. US Capitol: The United States Capitol is among the most symbolically important and architecturally impressive buildings in the nation. Covers well over 1.5 million square feet, has over 600 rooms, and miles of corridors. It is crowned by a magnificent white dome that overlooks the city of Washington.
3. War memorial Washington: The inscriptions and a part of World War. A national memorial dedicated to Americans who served in the armed forces and as a civilian in World War II. Names on the wall - a heart touching moment!
In all a stupendous experience and an emotional visit to Bethesda, MA.