Commerce coupon 7.x-2.x is recommended version. This version depends on Commerce Discount. Commerce coupon 7.x-2.x has many architectural improvements and new features which include integration with commerce discount, multiple discounts per coupon, integration with inline conditions. There are no fixed amount coupons or percentage coupons with this version. Instead, we use discounts and use them with coupons.
Upgrading from Commerce coupon 7.x-1.x to Commerce coupon 7.x-2.x is not directly supported. It is two step process. As per module page on drupal.org,
"Commerce Coupon 7.x-2.x-beta2 has an upgrade path from 1.x to 2.x. It works for upgrading relatively simple coupon 1.x sites; mileage may vary if you have a lot of custom coupon functionality though."
So in order to upgrade to latest commerce coupon, we first need to upgrade to beta2 and then upgrade to latest version.
Below are the steps to upgrade normal commerce coupon setup without any additional customization.
- First things first, take a backup.
- Upgrade to Commerce coupon 7.x-2.x-beta3 following standard upgrade process. You will need to add commerce discounts and inline conditions modules installed before upgrading commerce coupon.
- Once updates are run, you will see your old coupons converted into new coupon and discount systems. Discounts are created for previous fixed and percentage coupons.
- Upgrade to latest commerce coupon version following standard upgrade process.
- Make sure to give permission to required user roles to "Redeem coupon".
This process assumes that there is no custom coupon functionality is added and no additional modules are used along with commerce coupon. The Success of upgrade process largely depends on how coupon module is used and customization is done on it.
Below are the steps to upgrade commerce coupon with Commerce Coupon by product reference module installed.
- Take a backup.
- Delete product reference fields from coupons.
- Disable Commerce Coupon by product reference module.
- Upgrade commerce coupon as outlined in steps 2,3 and 4 in upgrade normal commerce coupon.
- Edit required discounts and add products.
This makes sure that this discount applies to specific products only.
- Give appropriate user roles permission to "Redeem coupon".
Since inline conditions are also installed, you can create coupons while creating discounts.
You can also consider adding Commerce discount Extra module which provides various common discount condition and offer types.
Need more assistance regarding Drupal Commerce Module Development Contact us now and Feel free to share your views/feedback for any further queries.