In 2020, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, mobile applications have become popular as never seen before since people are avoiding going out and prefer contactless transactions. There are several platforms available in the market that can help retailers or business owners get their mobile apps developed in a short time span to catch up with the market. Right from a native app, Java, and Objective C, to Kotlin for Android, Swift for iOS, etc., there are a number of options to choose from.
However, with each passing day, new and more advanced frameworks are coming to rescue businesses from mobile app development challenges. And one such framework is Flutter! It has gained immense popularity in recent years.
So, what’s Flutter? Why should businesses opt for Flutter App development India or Hire Flutter app developers? Let’s dive into the world of Flutter to get the answers to all your queries!
It is an open-source mobile UI framework designed and developed by Google in early 2017. With the help of Flutter app development India, the business owners can create a native-like mobile application that will run smoothly on all the mobile devices, including Android and iOS. In other words, only a single codebase can be used to cater to the different mobile OS and eliminate the need of having different mobile apps for different mobile devices. It consists of an SDK and a Framework to help the developers design and develop cross-platform apps on the go.
Related Reading - Why choose Flutter for cross platform app development in 2020?
- Helps you save TIME and MONEY
Since it is a cross-platform tool, the organizations are not required to have separate mobile apps for Android and iOS. You can hire Flutter app developers and that’s it! They will build a single app that will work smoothly on all the devices. This way organizations can save time and money spent on developing separate apps to cater to different devices.
- Lightning PERFORMANCE
Flutter is using Dart language, which makes it easy for the developers to compile in native code. On the other hand, Flutter brings its own set of widgets, which eliminates the need of accessing OEM.
- FASTER development
One of the main reasons why Flutter app development India is so popular among the developers is its hot reload feature. It helps developers get insights on code changes and reload the new code in a few seconds, which makes development faster.
- Out-of-the-box COMPATIBILITY
With the help of its widgets, applications developed using Flutter face very few issues in terms of compatibility. It requires very little time to test the application on different OS versions. Moreover, it guarantees that the application will work seamlessly on future versions as well.
- It’s OPEN SOURCE
It is an open-source technology that is empowered by a huge community of developers providing support or contributing to develop useful resources.
The success of any technology or framework is gauged on how many leading brands across the world are using it for their own purpose. And Flutter has shown some interesting statistics in terms of its usage by the leading brands across the world. Here is the list of leading global brands who have used Flutter to build their apps:
The Flutter app development company can help to create multifunctional apps suitable for beginner or experienced developers. However, it is having a few glitches, which need to be understood by the developers to help them know when Flutter could be the best choice and when to avoid using Flutter.
- Unfamiliar native libraries are supposed to be used – Of course, Flutter has a vast set of libraries supported and new libraries are being added on a frequent basis. But if you are planning to use some rare or unfamiliar native libraries, which is not available in the repository, it is advisable to not use Flutter.
- If you are planning to go for progressive web or instance apps – Apps developed using Flutter are bigger in size as compared to the native apps, even after performing proper optimization.
- Trying to have hardware connectivity over Bluetooth – In such a case, you must either develop a customized feature separately for iOS and Android or you can try creating the feature for iOS and Android using the FlutterBle plugin.
- Planning for creating AR/VR apps – It is not a good fit for creating AR/VR apps.
- According to Google Trends, Flutter is the leading programming language in 2020 after React Native to build customized mobile apps.
- According to the survey from Stackoverflow, Flutter is the third most loved framework by the developers.
- According to Wikipedia, Flutter is the most robust cross-platform app development framework and the popular one for developing Android and iOS applications.
Flutter is one of the most innovative and flexible frameworks helping developers design and develop robust cross-platform apps. What’s your take on this? Want to know how the Flutter app development company can help you gain maximum benefit from it? Get in touch with our experts now!